Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Day Four

Monday morning I left the Praxel's and drove the five gorgeous hours to Big Fork, Montana where I am staying in some staff housing at Flathead Lake Lodge owned by the Averill family. I am staying in a dorm/boat house type of building with my college buddy Mark. There is a kayak downstairs which I plan to steal soon and spend the remainder of the morning on, after a short bike ride to the gas station to get some caffeine of course. I think God spends his free time in Montana.

The lesson of the Billy Goat: To all of Montana you may just be billy goat eating trash on the side of the road. But to a Southern Californian you are the most fascinating of God's creatures and I will "bah" at you until you pay attention to me so I can take your photo. Value is relative.

3 comments:

#1 FAN FOREVER said...

Good morning Kelly!

We're about to have our first staff meeting without you--boo hoo!

Hugs all around at Averills from me!
And, keep up the good "work".

Dr. Totten said...

Billy Goats are natures trash compacters, Glad to hear you are already out of Washington and getting closer to unknown country. Enjoy your kayaking I am kind of jealous I always liked kayaking, and the thought of paddling around a huge lake with no agenda sounds about perfect right now.

Boy friend said...

kelly I am glad you are having fun on your trip. I wanted to let you know that I got that job in renton. I am also going to be the head freshman football coach next year.