Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Day Twenty-Four

Chicago has a gorgeous downtown. On Monday I spent most of the day on a Lake Michigan beach where I turned into a lobster and read a good portion of a book called The Shack, a parting gift from my best friend at PLU and his wife. I walked most of downtown and then the beach boardwalk until I found a perfect little nest between hundreds of people all out of their Midwest winter hibernation. It is an interesting crowd on Mondays down on that beach. I even learned a few words that I can't type on this blog because my mother and her friends read on a regular basis.

So in my best efforts to save some money while staying downtown with my buddy Nate, I decided to park my truck in a suburb and then ride the metro into town. He told me parking downtown was some astronomical rate. So I return to my truck three days later to find a parking ticket for $60. Sweetness. If you've never seen a Chicago parking ticket, you can check mine out below.

PS: I hate Chicago toll roads. I don't think one should have to stop every 8 miles to pay 40 cents. So in an act of civil disobedience I started blowing through them. We'll see what happens.


Here is downtown Chicago from Navy Pier


Here is Kelly in front of downtown Chicago from Navy Pier



Here is some sweet guy that works facilities on Navy Pier that doesn't want you to bother him for an autograph.



Here is my first parking ticket ever.

2 comments:

Dr. Totten said...

if you went to Navy pier during the day then you did the same thing I did. Which was go to a place that's chiefly open at night duing the daytime and think to yourself this isn't all that cool. I also hope you didn't go up the sears tower, 20 bucks for an elevator ride is a rip off. Glad t hear your had a good time with Nate. Chicago is a cool place to visit. Soldier Field is really cool too.

The Parking Ticket Geek said...

Hey Kelly!

I apologize for your parking ticket on behalf of all Chicagoans. We all think a $60 ticket is outrageous too.

I say don't pay it. What can the city do? You live in your truck. Screw 'em!!!