Sunday, July 6, 2008

Day Thirty-Six

I write from Pensacola, FL where for the second time of my life, weather was scared me off the road. I take refuge at Denny’s with other travelers, a warm plate of Nachos comfort me. Roughly four years ago, there was a fog in Northern California on one of my commutes from school to home where I had to open my driver’s side door and look down for the yellow line, just to be sure I was not heading into oncoming traffic. The second time and the reason for nachos, is now and because it has been raining so hard that 70 mph traffic slowed to 5 mph with emergency blinkers and thunder & lightning aren’t playing tag, but are hitting at the same time and apparently are hungry for Grand Slams or something. I am going to sit this one out because whatever the odds of getting hit by lightning are, I imagine the chances of losing are higher than usual because the Denny’s workers are currently huddled around a coffee pot discussing going home to be with their families, and they told me storms were “routine.” It’s a motel night. Thanks Earth.


Here is a break in the weather.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow, this post just makes me feel warm and fuzzy all over. You be safe, it would be nice to have you back come September!

Anonymous said...

I love the choice of music.