Sunday, July 6, 2008

Day Thirty-Seven

Last nights motel stay was a fascinating Alabama study. I'll leave it at that.

I drove into New Orleans this Sunday morning around 10am to find the bars in the French Quarter already open on Bourbon street, and some were actually kinda full which leaves me to believe maybe they didn't close last night. I made sure to find a restaurant in the quarter where for breakfast I had an alligator and crawfish omelet which was so good, not even joking. It is going on my list of favorite meals. One gator omelet later I made a friend at the restaurant over a cup of coffee and continued my walk around town. New Orleans is a pretty neat town but seems really dirty, I am not sure if it is all Katrina related or if it's just been like that. I wasn't really around long enough to ask. It would be fun to go back one day and check out the live jazz scene and eat some more gator. To Houston!


Here is the Mississippi River in New Orleans, LA


Before you judge this plate, I want you to know this was the best omelet I have ever eaten. Alligator and crawfish with a cream sauce. So Tasty.


What I find more impressive is "to go"


Here is some French Quarter on Bourbon St.


Here is my drive into New Orleans.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I really enjoyed that 4 second glimpse of your drive. Made me feel like I was there! :)

Thanks for the updates!

Unknown said...

My daughter is quite sarcastic. I don't know where she got it. I actually enjoyed the omelette picture. Looks like they really go into contrasts in texture and color for the plate! Actually some of the best food I've ever had was in New Orleans...not pretty but excellent!

Keith Sparks said...

wait, wait, wait.... Huge ass beers to go??? If that was photoshopped that is some nice work Kelly! If not, then I think I found my new favorite city!!! I knew that I would like New Orleans.

Pilgrim Book Club said...

Hi Kelly - I am sitting here with Isaiah from Rugby and he REALLY liked the "Final Countdown" but was worried about the Alligator Omelette! He liked the photos of the farm and Rugby!!

Carry On!! :) MaryAnn and Isaiah